Monday, 26 April 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, John James Audubon!

And ... "La Forest"?
Who knew?!


Laurent said...


Did you have a chance to look at the original copy of "bird of america" they have at the University of Michigan Library? I was told this is the most valuable book of the entire library. They have somebody who is turning (with infinite caution) one page per week, so visitors have a chance to look at a different page every time they come.

Take a look at

Wren said...

Don't forget the online, digital version at

Jochen said...

@Laurent & Wren: no, I never looked at it. I really should have, although one page a day means people will take years to finish it, right?
Imagine you missed one page and have to calculate exactly when you have to return to fill the gap.

Wren, thanks for the link!!

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & help different customers like its helped me.
Good job.

my weblog: micro skateboard complete